BG ASSOCIATES, INC.
BG Associates, Inc. is a Native-owned, woman-owned business dedicated to empowering Native Americans to achieve self-sufficiency by providing the foundation and training for independence, responsibility and accountability. We are a culturally and community-centered company that partners with local, state and federal groups. By focusing on the individual and their family, we nurture and grow the holistic success of the communities in which we work.
WHAT IS TRIBAL TANF?
Tribal TANF provides assistance and support services to eligible Native Americans and their families. By providing programs designed to empower adults and children, Tribal TANF helps Native Americans achieve self-sufficiency and success. TANF’s stated goals have four main purposes from which the adult and the youth programs derive:
- Purpose 1: Family cohesion (supportive family services)
- Purpose 2: Reducing dependency (job readiness and job retention skills/certifications)
- Purpose 3: Prevention (decreasing out-of-wedlock pregnancies and substance abuse)
- Purpose 4: Wellness (promotion of two-parent families, education, sports and cultural identity)
PARTNERING WITH TRIBAL TANF & THE SCTCA
BG Associates, Inc. partners with Tribal TANF and the SCTCA toward the common goal of Native self-sufficiency by providing the highest quality of training and education to our participants. In order to specifically meet the needs of our Tribal TANF partners, we offer a wide variety of courses and certifications. Both adult and child participants find empowerment and skill acquisition through BG Associates, Inc.’s superior training and educational programs. The following lists just a few of the classes we provide:
- Family and professional training for adult participants: life skills, effective parenting, budgeting, job readiness, as well as various workforce-specific skills and Microsoft Office certifications.
- Educational services for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade: authentic assessments, individualized lessons, remediation, homework help, enrichment, college readiness and test preparation.
Check out the Programs page to see a complete course and certification program listing!